4-H Youth Development
Rowan County Extension Office
600 West Main Street
Morehead, KY 40351
Phone: (606) 784-5457;
Fax: (606) 784-2407
Like us on Facebook!
What do the H's in 4-H Stand for?
4-H challenges you to think and make decisions, both for yourself and as a member of a group. You will discover new ways to do things and different ways of dealing with everyday challenges. 4-H is big on self-discipline, responsibility, initiative, and leadership. You will become a positive force in today's world.
It can be tough growing up today. To sort out their ideas and emotions, 4-H members often talk to club leaders and to each other about what matters to them.
4-H gives you a chance to become friends with other young people and caring adults. It is about building character, accepting people who are different, and making your community a better place to live.
In 4-H, you learn skills that you can use for the rest of your life. You won't just talk about it, you will actually get your hands on it, learn by doing. Members choose from about 100 different skills, everything from bicycle safety to cooking to computer technology to veterinary science. 4-H often helps members discover interests that lead to rewarding careers.
Being healthy means feeling good; doing your best to balance school, friends, and family; and making the best choices. 4-H focuses on developing healthy lifestyles and understanding what happens when you make unhealthy choices.
I pledge my HEAD to clearer thinking
my HEART to greater loyalty
my HANDS to larger service
and my HEALTH to better living for my club, my community, my country and my world.
MOTTO: To make the best BETTER.
Click on the links below for newsletters and other information and to view other websites.
|Rowan County 4-H Black Powder Match - July 30, 2016|
|Rowan County 4-H Trap Match - May 7, 2016|
|Rowan County 4-H Trap Match - August 27, 2016|
|Rowan County 4-H Archery Match -August 13, 2016|
|Want to Go to 4-H Camp Registration Form & Information|
|4-H Upcoming Events|
|What is 4-H Youth Development?|
|College of Agriculture Home Page|
|Volunteer 4-H Brochure|
|Extension Offices by County in Kentucky|
|National 4-H Website|
|4-H Enrollment Card 2015-2016|
Current Youth Health Bulletin - March 2016 HERE
Current Youth Health Bulletin - April 2016 HERE
Current Parent Health Bulletin - March 2016 HERE
Current Parent Health Bulletin - April 2016- HERE
4-H School Enrichment Opportunities for teachers
|What is 4-H?|
|Who Can Join 4-H?|
|How Can I Volunteer?|
- Cooking with Kids: Banana Oat Cookies HERE
- Cooking with Kids: Honey Milk Balls HERE
- Cooking with Kids: Tropical Morning Treat & Roasted Herb Potatoes HERE
- Cooking with Kids: Yogurt Pops & Farmers Market Salsa HERE
- Cooking with Kids: Crunchy Fruit Yogurt & Oven-Fried Chicken HERE
- Cooking with Kids: English Muffin Veggie Pizza & Bake Beans HERE
- Cooking with Kids: Microwave Baked Apples & One Pan Spaghetti HERE
- Cooking with Kids: Granola Bars & Enchilada Bake HERE
- Cooking with Kids: Apple Slice Pancakes & Colorful Quesadillas HERE
- Cooking with Kids: Zesty Herb Salad Dressing & Recipe - Stir Fry Vegetables and Beef HERE